Got space for more skin care hacks?
Proper skin care isn’t the easiest thing to commit to. You need to have enough discipline, time and, yes, even money to make sure your skin won’t show signs of neglect after a couple of years.
Because we know how stressful and frustrating the process can get, we’re listing down 37 skin care hacks that can change the way you take care of your skin.
Turmeric can boost your skin’s firmness and elasticity which, in effect, can prevent wrinkles.
2. Don’t spend on expensive facial treatments. Tighten your skin with natural ingredients you probably already have at home.
Skip the pricey facial treatments and turn any of these natural ingredients into anti-aging solutions.
3. Coconut oil is great for your skin- and your hair, too. Use it as a mask or for treating acne.
Coconut oil has potent anti-fungal, antibacterial and moisturizing properties, making it a great solution to a handful of skin woes.
Each essential oil contains unique properties so be sure to pick one that’s right for your skin type and skin concern.
5. Eat your way to clearer, fairer skin. In changing your diet, make sure to keep these items in mind:
The food you eat matters not just to your waistline but your skin, too. There are foods that can keep your skin hydrated and soft and they are the ones you should be eating more of.
Dry skin can cause lots of serious problems- from flaking, bleeding and even infections. Prevent any of those things from happening with these in-shower lotion bars.
7. Remember, you don’t always need expensive procedures. All you need are the right ingredients to combat wrinkles and scars at home.
Rub away any scars and wrinkles at home with just four ingredients. This combination of lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg can make your skin issues disappear in no time.
8. Treat your acne by establishing a good skin care routine.
Establishing a skin care routine is super important in keeping your skin clear. And so is finding the right products for your skin type.
9. ...Or with these home remedies.
If your existing acne treatments don’t seem to be working, it’s probably the right time to switch to these home remedies.
10. Know how to create your own spa mask depending on your skin type.
Face masks are great solutions to a number of skin concerns. Whether you have dry or acne-prone, you need to pamper your skin once in awhile.
11. Make your own coffee mask and refresh your skin in no time.
Coffee isn’t only great in waking the senses up. It’s also full of antioxidants to protect your skin against free radical damage.
12. Struggling to hide those stubborn scars? Create your own scar remover and use it a couple of times each week.
Finally, a solution to your stubborn scars.
13. ...or hide your blemishes with these techniques.
By using the right products and techniques, you can temporarily camouflage those annoying acne marks.
14. Make your own scrub to clear up your skin and leave it glowing.
Exfoliating once or twice a week can help reveal youthful, fairer skin.
15. Know these before starting an anti-aging skin care routine.
When you’re dealing with aging skin, you need to find products that can work twice as hard in keeping wrinkles and fine lines to a minimum.
16. Remove acne overnight with just three ingredients.
Yes, it’s possible. With toothpaste, lemon juice and aspirin, you can bid acne goodbye.
17. Got sensitive skin? Create your DIY cleanser with natural ingredients.
Making your own cleanser means knowing exactly what ingredients you’ll be using on your skin.
18. Dry skin can make your skin more vulnerable. Do an at home spa treatment you can use during the cold weather.
Cold temperatures can feel relaxing but it won’t spell the same good news to your skin. Prevent dryness with these at home spa treatments.
19. Lemon is a great solution to a wide range of skin issues. From dry skin to scars, there’s a lemon recipe for that.
Whether you are dealing with dark blemishes or you just want to even out your skin tone, you need to add lemons to your routine- ASAP.
20. Exfoliating once or twice a week can bring back your skin’s natural glow.
Exfoliation helps reveal healthier and fresher cells, making you look glowing and more radiant.
21. No matter what your skin type is, moisturizing is a must. Apply any of these DIY moisturizers right after cleansing to get the best results.
The best time to apply moisturizers is right after cleansing or taking a bath as you’ll be able to lock in more moisture.
22. You don't have to wait for fine lines and wrinkles to appear before you start a good anti-aging regimen. Keep this timeline in mind when picking your products.
Take note that an anti-aging skin care routine is meant to be preventive and not corrective. The earlier you start, the better.
23. Don't forget to hydrate your skin from the inside. Check out these great foods for dry skin.
If you are struggling to find a solution to your dry skin, making some dietary changes and adding more of these food items in your meal plan can definitely help
24. Struggling with constant breakouts? Consider changing your diet and eating more of these foods.
What you eat has a direct effect on how your skin behaves. Aim to eat more of these foods and get clearer skin.
25. Wash your face with carbonated water. It helps tighten pores and leaves the skin squeaky clean.
Seriously, using carbonated water in cleansing your skin can rev up your beauty routine.
26. To get great skin, you need to commit to some serious skin care routine.
To get that perfect skin, investing in skin care products won’t be enough. You need to commit to all these things.
27. Don’t forget: vitamins are important for your skin’s health, too.
Supplying your skin with the nutrients it needs can help it function better.
28. Dry brushing can do more just exfoliate. It can detox your skin and unclog your pores.
Dry brushing won’t take too much of your time but its benefits are super amazing.
29. Use rose water to set your makeup or zap away pimples.
Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can tone down inflammation and redness. It’s a great ingredient not just for acne, but eczema and dermatitis, too!
30. Give your skin a little more TLC with essential oils.
Essential oils have unique properties that can address several skin issues. From acne to wound healing, there’s an essential oil for that.
31. Stop breaking your budget and start pampering your skin with these body care tips.
You don’t always have to spend hundreds of dollars just solve your skin issues. All you need are the right hacks.
32. Save money by creating your own soap.
This castile soap recipe is really easy and cheap to make. You’ll never want to spend another dollar on other soaps again.
33. ...And your own lotion, too!
If you think creating your own lotion is super hard, wait until you’ve read this recipe.
34. Whatever the occasion is, you can never go wrong with a homemade sugar scrub.
You can even treat yourself with one- all year round. No holiday required!
35. Using natural remedies can strengthen your fight against acne.
Sometimes, all it takes is a simple change in how you care for your skin. Ditch chemicals and use natural solutions instead.
36. Look for (or create) products that offer multiple benefits.
This all-natural cleanser can clarify and tone the skin- perfect for bringing back your skin’s balance.
37. Take vitamin E capsules to end all your skin problems
Vitamin E is one of the best and most popular vitamins for the skin. It offers tons of benefits- from reviving dull skin to soothing dryness.
Bonus Tip: Add a serum to your routine
While your moisturizers and creams can do a good job in keeping your skin hydrated, they may not be enough. If you have acne, excessively dry skin or aging skin, you need something more concentrated and potent.
This is where vitamin C serum fits in.
This serum has smaller molecules to penetrate the deeper layers of your skin. There, it delivers potent ingredients that can help solve your unique skin issues.